The presidential transition team Wednesday (16 December) begun its formal meeting in Accra.
The office of the administrator-general presented over 50 notes from the various Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies and from all 16 Regional Coordinating Councils to the 2020 transition team.
Yakubu Atsulor, administrator-general, handed over the notes to Frema Akosua Osei-Opare, the chairperson of the 15-member transition team designated by President-elect, Nana Akufo-Addo.
Frema Akosua Osei- Opare who received the notes at its first sitting said the team will follow due process to work within time.
“Today is the formal working meeting so that we can set our agenda and pursue the task that has been given to us. The meeting will witness the formation of the various sub-committees as provided for in section 4 of Act 845,” she added.
She said the sub-committees will play key roles in achieving the goals of the transition team.
Akosua Osei-Opare said: “It is expected that this team will work and be able to submit its report to President Akufo-Addo the day after the inauguration.”
The 15-member team designated by President Akufo-Addo as required by Section 1 clause 3 of the Presidential Transition Act, 2012, Act 845 has the Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah as its spokesperson.
President Akufo-Addo announced the transition team comprising key appointees in the ruling government, according to a statement released by the Director of Communications at the Office of the President, Eugene Arhin.
The directive is in accordance with the Presidential (Transition) Act, 2012, Act 845 which was enacted to govern the transition from one administration to another.
Below are the members of team:
- Akosua Frema Osei-Opare (Chief of Staff at the Office of the President) – Chairperson
- Yaw Osafo Maafo (Senior Minister) – Member
- Gloria Akuffo (Attorney General) – Member
- Ken Ofori-Atta (Minister for Finance) – Member
- Ambrose Dery (Minister for Interior) – Member
- Dominic Nitiwul (Minister for Defence) – Member
- Shirley Ayorkor Botchway (Minister for Foreign Affairs) – Member
- Hajia Alima Mahama (Minister for Local Gov’t and Rural Dev’t) – Member
- Albert Kan Dapaah (Minister for National Security) – Member
- Nana Dwamena (Head of the Civil Service) – Member
- Dr Nana Ato Arthur (Head of the Local Government Service) – Member
- Dr Janet Ampadu Fofie (Chair of the Public Services Commission) – Member
- Mercy Debrah (Secretary to the Cabinet) – Member
- Joshua Kyeremeh (National Security Co-ordinator) – Member
- Henry Wood (Ag. Chief Director, Office of the President) – Member